love, serenissima

Happy Friday

Photobucket
Rachel Zoe SS 2012

I sadly wasn't wowed by Rachel Zoe's Spring/Summer 2012 RTW collection in the same way I loved her debut line... while her inspiration of 'Bridgette Bardot running around Paris in the 60's and 70's' was evident, I felt like many of the pieces were obviously and overly literal, way too trendy (loose knits, anyone?), or just plain old ugly. What I've come to expect from Zoe, and her line, are more simple, elegant, and tasteful basics that are inspired by vintage designers, resort glamour, and hippie chic. While her models were styled to perfection with their hair, makeup, and accessories, abstract printed rompers and sequined zebra stripes seemed wayyy out of left field and, quite frankly, immature for Zoe's sophisticated taste. I mean, seriously, look me in the eye and tell me you can't find this entire outfit at H&M right now?

I did have a few favorites, however. A streamlined satin pant and tie tweaked with a feminine lace blouse was androgyny at it's best; a flowing jersey maxi paired with a structured safari jacket and bag was the epitome of luxury resort wear; and a high-waisted white skirt tucked into a sheer, ethereal blouse was lovely and definitely went into the 'My Wedding' section of my computer (don't judge me). These were a few of my favorite things (cue the Von Trapp family); what were yours?

To view the entire collection, click here.

Stay Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment