love, serenissima

Versace to Collaborate With H&M

Photobucket
Versace hottie in designer clothes... ~ Lil Kim

Yesterday, these interwebs were all abuzz when it was announced that legendary Italian fashion label Versace would be doing a collaboration with European retail giant H&M. H&M's previous collections with high-end designers such as Lanvin, Jimmy Choo, and Stella McCartney have done tremendously well- despite complaints about garment quality and poorly stocked stores selling out within minutes- and Donatella Versace is looking to get her hands on a piece of that this Fall 2011 and pre-Spring 2012 seasons. She revealed in a statement to The Telegraph that she was "thrilled to be collaborating with H&M and to have the opportunity of reaching their wide audience." She also added that, "The collection will be quintessential Versace, perfect for H&M and Versace fans everywhere."

I lost my mind over Versace's Spring 2011 line, so I really have my fingers crossed that this collaboration will include the glamour and luxury that collection had to offer. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I was concerned, though, after the dismal failure that was Lanvin x H&M and the fact that Donatella has turned down offers from H&M in the past. (Her exact words were "I respect everyone who does [those types of lines]. But the reason I didn't do it is because I work very hard to put the Versace line in the luxury section. I think to put the Versace line in H&M would confuse the brand.") What could have caused her to change such a seemingly solid opinion? Money, or lack thereof, that's what. With Versace's well-known financial troubles, I can't help but wonder if this is just a get rich quick scheme and if the clothes will be haphazardly put together and overpriced. Stay tuned...

Her official announcement:


Previews of the collection:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

To read more, click here.

2 comments:

  1. oh my god!!!! I wish there was an H&M where I live!!!! This is so awesome!

    artofbeingcool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I wonder if the fact that GAGA has declared herself 'in love' with Donatella this week and for the next couple of months ONLY wearing Versace could be the highest form of publicity stunt for the pending H&M merger?

    ReplyDelete