love, serenissima

Happy Friday

Photobucket
Photobucket
Gold Metal Style

If you haven't already rushed out and bought the July 2011 issue of Vogue, I suggest you grab it post haste. In addition to the lovely spread on cover girl Emma Watson, there was also a very interesting piece on princess-to-be Charlene Wittstock. The retired Olympic swimmer from South Africa is set to marry Prince Albert II of Monaco this July, and she has an especially unique outlook on fashion, given her athletic build and unconventional face. (Note: I did NOT say ugly. I said unconventional. And much more gripping than that damn boring Kate Middleton.) Here's an excerpt:

"I want to make Monaco one of the fashion capitals of the world. It would be wonderful to team up with some of my international fashion friends, like Stella McCartney and Ralph Lauren, and get the place buzzing with energy again... Grace Kelly forged a link between Monaco and the movie world, and I would like to create a strong bond between Monaco and the fashion community."

To read the entire article, click here.

Um... do y'all see her in that evening gown? Kate Middleton, who? Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment