love, serenissima

Brand New Monday: Brand New EVERYTHING

 photo ikea_zps058b8aa2.jpg

So, my fiance and I just moved into our brand new place, and we own nothing. I mean it. Zip. Zilch. Nada. We've been sleeping on a little teeny tiny futon he's had since grade school and, don't get me wrong, I love the closeness... just not the night sweats. Enter my beloved Ikea. (MUCH beloved. See here. And here. There. Yup, here, too.)

We went furniture shopping this past weekend and decided that we really liked the Tarva set that they have over there. Each piece is made out of solid, untreated pine, therefore available to paint, stain, sand, carve... you know, DIY to your hearts content. I had fun customizing this piece from Ikea a few years back, but I also kind of like the plain look of the unfinished materials. Very minimalist. Very Kanye.

Oh, God. Am I Kanye?

(Btw, we bought this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment