love, serenissima

Brand New Monday: Brand New Year!

Photobucket
2012

Happy New Year! 2012 is here, and I've been bringing it in with a bit of a bang due to the fact that I had four days off from work. Starting with an excursion into Soho for an impromptu shopping session with the bestie on Friday, my weekend has stretched into a blur of staying up late, drinking tequila and orange juice, and watching scary movies from the 90's at an adult slumber party. (Three grown women watching I Know What You Did Last Summer, Scream, and Jeepers Creepers, before we called it quits.)

I rang in the new Year at the same party I've been going to for years now, hosted by my good friend Karina. Drinks galore, as they always are, I had never been happier to take a cab to and from a party, as opposed to driving. I got a little wasted; or maaaayyyybbeeee so trashed that I actually took a nap for a couple of hours at the party- hey, it happens. But two drinks later, I was my old self again, and we ended up not heading home until 4am. Sunday and today my friends and I have been eating and drinking far too much, sleeping a lot and generally spending way too much money. All in all, a bang up job at starting the year off right.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Champagne Toasts and Caviar Dreams

I've worn black probably the last three New Years Eve's in a row. This year was no different, with me ending up in a sheer black button-up and black sequined shorts, and the other option I had in mind was also onboard the 'when-in-doubt-wear-black' train. The Deena Jones-esque showstopper featured a thigh-high slit and glimmer star print, a la Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2011. Maybe next year?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment