love, serenissima

Thursday Style Icon: Keep It Moo-ving

Photobucket

As we all know, Halloween passed last Monday, and I finally got to do a costume I've been considering on and off for years: a cow! My mother claims she instilled the idea for a cow in my head when I was a teenager, and, while I always thought that animal costumes were a fun idea, I especially loved the cow because I so rarely saw it out and about on Halloween. Every one that I usually saw online was either an (albeit adorable) children's costume or just ridiculous. I've had a reputation for making my own costumes the last few years, and after last year's success as a flapper and flamenco dancer, I felt I had to do something really special this Halloween.

I think I accomplished my task with unique DIY getup, which was achievd by gluing black and pink felt on a white bodysuit and topped off with cow ears on a headband. I was a cowgirl a few years back, too, so it was an extra bit of fun for anybody that's seen me the last few years around this time, as well. I love tis costume soooo much, as it really is the culmination of many years of thinking about this costume and wondering what it would look like outside of my head. What on Earth am I going to do next year?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My friend Karina was a wicked cool Edward Scissorhands:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jess was Kid Cudi:
Photobucket
Photobucket

And this years celebrations were a bit of a two-fer, like last year: I went out on Saturday night as well as Monday night, but I cheated a bit on Saturday with all-black clothes and a bit of cat make-up. Rawrrrrr.

Can you guess who my friend is? Hint: This sentence was longer than her marriage.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment