love, serenissima

Brand New Monday: Forever 21 Mesh Longline Skirt

Photobucket

So if you look closely in the second picture of this post, you'll notice a light gray, tulle confection hanging on the wall. That would be Forever 21's Mesh Longline Skirt, $25, a pretty, see-through maxi that I tried on just for the whimsy of it. While I decided it wouldn't be appropriate for New Years Eve, I never quite got the image of the skirt out of the back of my mind, so when I saw it posted on the website in a darker charcoal color and for about $10 less than it was in the store, I had to give it a try.

Boy, am I glad I did! I love it just as much as I did when it caught my eye on the hanger the first time. While I have absolutely no idea how or where I am going to wear this thing, it fits the criteria of being both a skirt (as per my resolution of wearing more skirts this year) and being on trend but not too trendy as something sheer. It has a bit of static cling, from the many layers of scratchy fabric, I assume, but it's fully lined and I'm hoping the cling will go away with a good wash and some fabric sheets. This is probably the one garment that I own that makes me feel like a faery princess... LOVE IT.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment