love, serenissima

The Spanish Fly

Photobucket

Halloween! One of my favorite holidays has come and gone again, and it was by far one of the best I've ever had. I wore two different costumes, the first of which was a Spanish flamenco dancer. I paired the detachable outer layer of this dress with a black button-up and necklace worn backwards so the ribbon faced out. A pair of lace, flowery stockings and an orange carnation in my hair (and occasionally mouth) completed the look. I had no idea where I was going with it when I first put the skirt on but then I just improvised, Googled, and loved how it turned out.

Photobucket

I met up with friends, who were dressed as 'cats,' at a party in Brooklyn. It was insanely fun, and, seeing as how Halloween is a big deal in New York, tons of people came out to roam the streets in costume. Party aside, one of the highlights of the night came around 4 a.m., when I was making my way home: I passed Raphael and Zorro waiting for a bus by the Manhattan Bridge. They let me know my right headlight was out, asked me for a ride to Brooklyn (to which I replied 'Um... hell, NO.'), then proceeded to happily attack my car with sword and sai. It was hilarious. Best Halloween ever.

Photobucket
Liz and Anna

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Zorro and Raphael ATTACK

No comments:

Post a Comment